Faculty is an artificial intelligence company based in London. We’ve worked on some of society’s and business’s most exciting challenges – from building counter-terrorism software to protecting democracy from AI, we’re at the forefront of harnessing the power of AI. We are currently building out top-tier commercial and delivery capability to work alongside our technical team.
The Principal is a leadership role with equity in the fast-growth business, responsible for shaping the direction of the team, developing new business, and overseeing the delivery of data science projects.
Your business development responsibility will involve generating leads, building relationships with potential clients, finding creative ways to use data science to solve problems, scoping these solutions into deliverable projects, and ultimately converting them into sales.
Your project delivery responsibility will involve overseeing a team of elite data scientists to build and deploy cutting edge models that are tailored to meet the needs of your clients.
As part of this role you will also be expected to provide high quality advice to C-suite clients on ‘Data Strategy’; covering the impact that AI and data science could have on their business and sector, and the practical steps that they need to take in order to capitalise on this.
This role does not require deep technical knowledge. Our data scientists will own the technical solution - you do not have to. But it does require enough understanding of data science techniques and the value they bring to spot opportunities, help clients think them through, and to credibly oversee their delivery. More generally, you will need to be a natural problem solver and enjoy working closely with technical teams.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to build a pedigree in the commercial application of AI and machine learning. You will get to lead on cutting edge problem solving across a wide range of industries.
We are a small business, and we need people who take the initiative. You will be given a high degree of autonomy, and supported to build a line of business in your own image; to pursue the kind of clients you’d like to work with, and to solve the kind of problems you’re interested in.
We are growing quickly, and you will be encouraged to grow the scope of your role as ambitiously as you wish.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 8+ years experience of successful business development, ideally from a consulting, technology or data background
- Be highly credible in dealing with very senior stakeholders, with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to boil down complicated concepts to their essence.
- Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects.
- Have a single minded focus on client value.
- Be a versatile and practical problem solver.
- Be able to talk persuasively about how AI and data can be used to solve problems, and able to think creatively about how these can be applied to a particular client's needs.
- Flexibility: Unlimited holiday and support for flexible and family friendly working.
- A learning culture. Faculty has a deeply embedded culture of learning, with regular training in business skills and the latest data science techniques, tools, and technologies.
- A high performing and friendly team: The team is highly-educated and high performing, but also a bunch of friendly people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Autonomy: The freedom to shape the role in your image, and the support to advance as ambitiously as you wish.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up.
- Interesting and high impact work: We work with the cutting edge of AI right across the economy, and deliberately blend highly commercial work with high social impact work.