Why Faculty is right for you:
We are a world leader in data science, machine learning and AI. Our mission is to help the world unlock the power of big data through innovative, simple and easy-to-implement solutions that generate business value. We are proud to have worked on over 300 data science and artificial intelligence projects ranging from counter-terrorism projects for the UK Home Office to predictive analytics for a London bus company to identify potential delays in routes.
Founded in 2014, we are now a company of more than 80 based in Marylebone, London. In the next year, we look to continue our growth trajectory. We care profoundly about our values and think carefully about how everything we do embodies those values. We look for driven, thoughtful, collaborative team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission and are excited to be part of our journey to build a great organisation.
We are recruiting for an exceptional engineer to join our frontend product team. With us you will have the opportunity to build the world’s leading Data Science platform, underpinned by cutting edge technologies such as ReactJS, GraphQL, and Kubernetes. As part of our frontend team you will work within a Squad Framework with a flat leadership structure. On top of the core role we have a strong focus on personal improvement and self-directed learning. We enable this through weekly learning time and secondments to other technical teams, including the Data Science team.
As a Frontend Engineer you will be joining the Faculty Platform Team. We are responsible for building the world’s best data science platform. As a rapidly growing organisation, roles are dynamic and subject to change. Your role will evolve alongside business needs, but you can expect your key responsibilities to include:
- Design and build our data science platform using the latest open source technologies.
- Work with our team of expert data engineers, data scientists, and UX/UI designers to build the client-side application that is the face of our platform.
- Be involved at every stage of the product lifecycle from idea generation to launching products.
- Work with the following technologies:
- ReactJS / Redux
- Jest / Enzyme / Cucumber / WebdriverIO
- HTML5, CSS3
- Microservice architecture
- Develop with security in mind, sticking to best practices and keeping up to date with changes in the field
Who you are:
- You have experience building scalable, maintainable, and tested web applications in React / Redux
- You have experience building backend APIs with Node JS
- You have an intuitive grasp of design and UX practices
- You build and design systems for use across multiple platforms
- You should have an understanding of build tools, such as Webpack and Babel
- You push yourself to achieve, learn and improve rather than standing still and aiming for “good enough”
- You actively welcome new ideas and challenge, taking the opposing view to test your assumptions rather than surrounding yourself with people who share your perspective and affirm your thinking
- You make decisions that you can explain, justify and defend rather than following a set of pre-defined rules
- You are energised by new challenges and think of new, creative ways to approach problems rather than waiting for clear instructions before starting something new
- You roll your sleeves up and muck in to get things done rather than waiting for someone else to fix it
- You do what’s needed to achieve the mission of Faculty rather than prioritising what’s best for your team only
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- Have ownership of your time with unlimited holiday and support for flexible working
- Have equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- Have the freedom to further your skill set
- Be part of the team helping to deliver benefits of AI to the society
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Work alongside exceptional and lovely people
You must have the right to work in the UK as we are not able to sponsor this role